fpb 300 voltage conversion from us to uk?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hiya guys. bought a krell fpb 300 recently from a guy from minnesota. this query is aimed at iampivot. i have the voltage changed from 120v to 240v, - fine, sparked her up, plenty of mechanical action, but no sound. The 60 hz cycle has to be modified to 50 hz, or to 50/ 60 hz, for unit to function. One byte/ line in the program needs to be rewritten, there is a routine stored in the ram to detect frequency. According to a topic posted in 2004 :

It works! Setting the address d3d9 to 0x00 fixed the amplifier

I have a competent computer programmer on board, but he doesn't know what this is all about. can anybody enlighten him?, any pointers would be much appreciated...

It sounds like it has a microcontroller or DSP or PIC of some sort and you either need to change the flash or (e)eprom code externally on a chip or built into the above IC's

Do you have a close up of the circuitry (don't bother with the caps, transformer and the like etc). Hi Res. photo

Send it too my email if it's too large I will find out for you. I need chip numbers. I think krell uses a sort of noise gate side chain for it's sliding bias. That will probably be controlled by this chip too! lol

Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.