ISO "Simplest" possible amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
dano12 said:
As far as I'm concerned, mission accomplished with this one. I fashioned a hillbilly heatsink for the power resistor, stuck a single transistor pre-amp in front of it, stuck it in a computer CDROM cage and called it a day.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It makes a nice little guitar amp, drives an 8 ohm cab very well.

I think now I'll move on to some of the better suggestions posted here.

Thanks again for the pointers!

I like it aesthetically too. Very MECHANO!:cool: Must be sounding direct and ''warm''?

tenetA

Hi,

I see you also play with this simplest curcuit. Many people are laughing when they see this amp, but I built in this way the best sounding amp ever. I made about 20 amps ( tube SE PP, tube OTL, MOSFET SE PP, hybrid ) but no one sound so good like this. But there is alway a big BUT - it was powered from batery and the usable output was 0,5 - 1 W ( 0,4 % THD ).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Two car bateries in livingroom is a problem ...

RD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.