Is it an advantage to use this one instead of 2SC5200 or 2SA1943?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you think about those Fairchild units,this one for instance, is this one better or worse?

Why?

I have units enougth to produce a 6 Kilowatt amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• advantage.jpg
    advantage.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 613
Looks the same 2SC5200/2SA1943 transistors, i could not perceive

important differences between them, as i have both and use to assemble amplifier using both of them into the output.

I have a lot, all them gift from our forum friend Anonimous...now a days they are my main transistors because the number of units i have.... well, they are finishing because i have 6 amplifier assembled and some of them using many output pairs.... i think i may have 4 pairs of these Fairchild and about 5 pairs of 2SC5200/2SA1943

The advantage i had, is that mine units have the NPN and the PNP with almost the same gain, not 10 or 20 percent, but the absolutelly same gain... when the 2SC5200/1943 i have show 30 percent differences in gain, as usual, with bigger gain to PNP devices.

The fairchild 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 looks better in heat transference than the Toshiba ones.

This is the second time i can see that happening, first time was down the seventies when they used to sell some AD161/162 pairs matched inside a plastic bag and sometimes PVC case..but those Germanium were matched under 20 percent.

The upper case seems to be more hot than the 2SC5200, but transistor power, the transistor to case/heatsink heat transference looks to be the same.

For sure they may have small differences, but this represents something alike a big pot of soup and then you let three grains of sugar fell down into your salted food... no one can perceive sweet taste into such situation.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.