Massive 1500W Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I am newbie, I know little electronics and Little Audio Amplifier Diagrams,I want to build A Masssive 1500W Amplifier

Things I will need

Massive 1500W Transformer
High Current Power Transistors
Large Eletrolytic Capacitors
Power Resistors

I also will need your help!

So let's build this monster

kim

I am newbie, I know little electronics and Little Audio Amplifier Diagrams,I want to build A Massive 1500W Amplifier

Yikes , what you said does not compute !!!:D :D

First of all .. read this -
http://sound.westhost.com/project117.htm

What you propose is dangerous, I actually design, layout and
build my own and I would be very cautious with a project of this
magnitude... you could fry an ELEPHANT with 200V DC!!:bigeyes:

Also, from a cost standpoint , even for a 400/800(4 ohm) W amp
(see below)
the transformer and capacitors alone would cost 250-300$.
The best transformer I've seen that is reasonable for
this range is....
http://www.antekinc.com/AN-152115.pdf
180$ shipped - 30LBS huge 1230w

It would be better to start with a smaller amp like DX amp
or my FA1 .. all + - 50/60 V (just a nasty shock) and
you would learn about basic push- pull amps.

I know many said to me " start with a headphone amp
or low power chipamp", but I think 100 watt amps are
safe enough given the right advice and design..

Here is the big one (7 pairs mosfet for safe 500w)
OS

Attachments

• beast.gif
    beast.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 653
Seriously?

Here’s a tip, lurk around the forums for a few months (like I’m doing), start off with a small simple amp and ask questions about that, get some experience in building the circuits up, and then after a considerable amount of time attempt a high power amp.

Large amps (such as the one you want to make) can kill you / burn down your house if you don’t know what your doing :hot:

You might also want to save your penny’s, as the components needed for such a large amp will be co$tly...

Last thing is what speakers do you intend to drive with such a monster? As it will certainly "let the smoke" out of anything less than monstrous

Saying all of that though, I think I’ve seen a circuit for a 1.5kw one around here somewhere. (use the search)

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
kim707 said:

So let's build this monster

Hi Kim,
Some of us already have...or close enough to it. (see below - 2 of these bridged will easily do 1000 watts into 8 ohms)

skilldegree said:
Seriously?
Large amps (such as the one you want to make) can kill you / burn down your house if you don’t know what your doing :hot:

Both of these outcomes can be accomplished with a smaller amp. Better to not take anything for granted, especially the electrical safety.

Attachments

• picture 894.jpg
    picture 894.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 540
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.