DIY Guitar/Bass/Anything amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys!
Been scouting around the forums a little and I can't seem to find some details that I'm after in order to complete my most recent project.
let me first outline my situation so you can better understand what I'm trying to do here...
I play guitar and bass in a few different bands and sick and tired of Lugging around my combo amps... they're heavy, big and generally just a pain. I love the sound of them but tbh most of the time the sound is lost when live anyway; so I've set about building myself an amp "head" as we call it, with all the electronics inside it sans the speaker cones.
Now my original plan was to actually build one myself using components, but that seems to be a bit too much for my limited knowledge so what I've decided to do is put parts together in a rack flight case. So far I've got myself a stereo 250w power amp and a small EQ pedal so I can at least round the sound. Now this works fine, except I'm looking to expand the setup soon to include a 32band EW for each input as well as a compressor for each. I'm planning on combining the stereo inputs/outsputs on the power amp into one input jack which I'm going to build into the front. This is something I've got no problem doing, as all I need to do is make a male-female jack cable, with the female end mounted on to a blank rack plate.

The speaker outputs rom the power amp I'm planning to do the same and mount some female jack plugs on to a blank plate so I can plug them into speaker cabinets easily. However I want to do some more customisation to this setup and I was hoping you guys can help me!

Basically a lot of guitar/bass amps have a DI out of them, however I'm not sure where/how I would wire this in... if we look at the chain I'm going to wire them in:

input - eq - compressor - power amp - speaker output

I'm not sure where to put a DI box... My guess is that it would go before the power amp? If thats the case then I'd just wire this in on to the back plate as well. My other guess is that I just wire it straight from the input bypassing everything else... and then take the DI out from the box into say a mixing desk?

However what I'd also like to do is wire in an alterable DI output volume so this would mean I could make the DI box myself and literally put it mounted on to the back plate in the rack case. Of course I have no idea how expensive/difficult this would be so... any help here would be great!
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.