Xlr Stereo To Xlr Mono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
I want to use one channel of amplifier for subwoofer & second channel for mid-high.
I wish to connect crossover XLR stereo output to single input of amplifier as mono with XLR.
Shortly, want to convert stereo XLR to mono XLR.
Guide me in the matter.

jaya000 said:
Thanks Alex,
I got this info from google also.
This is very simple to do.

This config. presented in schematic it is a most complex solution, and although is addresed for microphone preamplification, its input scheme is a uniform solution for converting balanced to single ended signals. You can see the 2 input buffers with floating gain control, and the subtracter which make finally the convertion. You must remove PR4,PR5,R1 which feed with 18Vdc condenser microphones. After you must play a little with the values of VR5 and R5 to find the apropriate gain for your application. The rest can be of the same values. Also, the rest circuit after the subtracter offers the posibility for level control, and the last section offers a fully buffered stereo output with balance control.
Hope this can gives you some idea.

Regs
Fotios

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.