How to represent a speaker for a simulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using simulator, as i cannot be sitted for long time..some blood pressure problems and circulation problems forces me to be layed down, to be walking or moving but not to stay sitted for long time.

But i have a question:

What to use instead of a resistance to "simulate" a speaker into amplifiers output... as loads.

Speakers has impedance (variable resistance because of frequency variations and impedance peaks and valleys) ... also inductance and capacitance...also speaker cables have resistance, inductance and capacitance..... so, please, suggest me the equivalent circuit to substitute the single resistance i am using.

So, loads to speakers are not a simple resistance.... must be a "system" with many parts that can simulate the real thing in a better way.

I think simulator analises using resistances into the output are saying nothing to me.

Please, produce a hand sketch with values.

Carlos

We have had such testloads,
with approximate L, C, R of a 'normal speaker'
posted at this forum

And I have asked the same question once.
Of course such circuit can be used for a real dummy load as well as in Simulator.

Don't ask me where is that topic :bawling:

Ahh , here it is..

Attachments

• speaker.gif
    speaker.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 202
Good.... very good... thank you all folks...thanks Lineup

also my thanks to dear Ostripper, dear unclejed613 and dear harman Kardon26147.

Well folks.... i am simulating QUAD 303, 406, 606 and 707... and have built the 405 (not too much happy with it... very good.... maybe excelent...but was not all that great sound i was wondering.... bellow my spectations).

Now i am thinking to build the 303... and i am trying to beat John Ellis (a very good guy.... a hard job to beat him) into the simulator... i could match, but could not beat...my circuit modifications compared to the 303 are different (and i have not build to listen the real thing) and i was wondering about the speaker load.

Thank you very much folks.

I am satisfied... thread made the job.... keep it rolling if you want..but big fat Charlie is happy and satisfied.

regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Did you try the modifications for Quad 405 recommended by Keith Snook: Quad 405 modifications

I built the DCD-Mod3 and it sounds much better than the original Quad 405. Also the operational amplifier on the input is very important. I use OPA627 but others have had good results with even TLE2071 or OPA134.

The schematics for the DCD-Mod3 can be found here: Quad 405 Evolution

I would waist 1-2 hours to try them, maybe it's worth.

Regards.

vzs... this is a very long story... i think i will not tell you

As will be enormous, even to me that use to write a lot...not lazy to write... the reality is that was a novel simulating those QUAD amplifiers till i found solution.... i had to tweak some values, i found some VBE unaceptable into the original result....so... the one i have tried is not the real QUAD... reason why my evalution is different from many others...maybe those unaceptable VBEs voltages are perfect ones.... chip was TCL271..... was a hell to obtain those 119 milivolts into the chip output.... was easy 19 milivolts... well...maybe i have made a mess with the circuit and i became tired of it.

Also the 303 have not worked fine with the standard schematic into the simulation...i had to readjust... also John Ellis had made some retouches into his version.... and also his version had strange VBEs into the output (498 milivolts)

Well....now i am into the 303..... the QUAD 405 is past.

regards,

Carlos

I am sorry to say i was not very happy with my QUAD 405 clone

Observe that mine was not a real QUAD... was a diy effort.

People that loves QUAD may feel sad and bothered about me... and they will blame my chips, my board, my decisions, my simulator, my computer, my electrons, speakers, dog, house, wife and neighborhood to convince me they are fine.

QUAD 405 is a wonderfull amplifier...my CLONE resulted not very special ... maybe because i am stupid, or my speakers are made using paper, maybe i am deaf ...maybe because i am not competent... not skilled enougth to assemble anything correctly.

Let's return to loads

Carlos

Mon Cher vzs, my dear vzs....

Il y a de personne.... there are people that believe that you have to use the center wire into the left side and the lower wire into the rigth side to allow you to listen good sound.

Also others thinks the sound will be shinning...brilliant..... brigth because there are silver and gold... and some others do not install upside down to avoid phase invertions.... and others alike you and me that knows this is no sense.

Et vive la diferènce!

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• ancapsilver01yz2.jpg
    ancapsilver01yz2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 87
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.