Ampzilla 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have The first ampzilla 400w. I lost the a side and took it to a old timer that works on old stuff but he could not find the right transistors. I am looking for the cross reference for these transistors and if possible the transistors. If any one can help, it would mean a lot because I realy like this unit.
Thanks,
Flashmajik

ampzilla 1

athsnks for sending a note so fast, the man working on the amp told me needed a cross referance for as many as possible because he was not sure just how many I may need, he said the GAS 105's for the driver for sure. Is there a chance I could bye the list? Thank you so much for your help so far.
Flashmajik

I bought a whole set of GAS schematics and info from David Riddle, an ex GAS employee I think. He's always on ebay but you can buy direct from the company here in SoCal, 1-800-544-3746. After drawing my own schematic for a Zilla IIa back in the early 90s this packet of info is most welcome. I now have a Zilla IIa, Son, Thalia and Thaedra II and the schematics!!!!

Craig

The cross for the OLD GAS #105 is 2N3584, TO66 case. The NEW GAS #105 crosses to a 2SD424, TO3 case. The mates (PNP) are #106, 2N6421 and 2SB554. Since your Zilla is an old one you are probably going to need the 2N3584. There you go, watch out for counterfeits.

Craig

Those numbers are around, try googling. The hard part is finding the Motorolas, which is the first choice. The 2N3584 seems to be easier to find, the 2N6421 not so easy. While repairing a Crest amp I found they used the same pair so I ordered a bunch of them, they are NOT Motorola, they're MOSPEC. I ended up with 2N3583s and 2N6211s, have not used any so don't know about quality.

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.