diyAudio (
-   Solid State (
-   -   Crown D-Series Bridge Mono Modification (

dakine 5th February 2009 01:03 PM

Crown D-Series Bridge Mono Modification

Anyone know how to change a Crown D-series amp (like D-45) from stereo mode to bridged mono?

According to the manual, this must be done by a crown service center.


bosedtobosed 5th February 2009 04:08 PM

essentially you connect a resistor from one channels o\p to the other channels - i\p, and short this amps +i\p to ov, how its done in a particular model depends on the layout etc, the resistor value is the f\b resistor that sets the gain of each channel, you would need service\circuit datails unless someone has done it before

llwhtt 5th February 2009 05:53 PM

Try checking the Crown website, all discontinued products service manuals are available online for free. The stereo to mono conversion should be in the manual.


HK26147 5th February 2009 06:34 PM

Check Appendix A:
( I guess it's up to you if you want to void any warranty :) )

dakine 5th February 2009 07:50 PM

Thank you!

I found the same manual on Crown's web site, but it did not contain the appendix A, which describes the jumpers.

I also emailed Crown, who sent me a response in less than 5 minutes describing the same procedure.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio