Passive preamp part two

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gidday folks,

After prototyping the existing box I've made some alterations.

The pots are now garden variety 25k carbon ones (they seem to sound ok to my ears) and are both Log (picked up one linear and one Log 100 k one in the first build by accident as it was in the same bin).

The unintelligible writing in the middle of the input switch is an arrow and 3L / 3R respectively. The writing to the right of the RCAs is a note to take the feed from the tips. The go to 1 - 12 on the input switch.

The biggest changes are adding two more inputs and a passthrough. This comes from my new preloved AVR having preouts which the Yammy, good as it was for a first time one, didn't have. I simply can't see the logic in having 2 sets of vol controls in that particular chain. (It also allows me to alter the volume remotely - bonus). This also effectively gives me several more inputs as The Tuner (built in) DVD, PC and ps2 are running through the AVR.

My question is have I done the passthrough correctly? My logic is if I switch the + out on both L and R preouts (from the AVR) it effectively mutes that input. And being new(ish) to this game is it a 2 pole 2 way switch I'm after?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• schematic.gif
    schematic.gif
    21 KB · Views: 141
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.