General purpose shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PMA,
lending your professional expertise, would you tell very scientifically how the load is coupled signal wise to ground, please.

Attachments

• transistor model.jpg
    transistor model.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 318
PMA,
of course, through the power supply capacitor, it can`t be any other way, can it? It`s never too late to reassess your stance and henceforth, without oversimplifying like amateurs, take it for what it is, a coupling capacitor, (directly) in series with the load.
In your software the grounds are ideal, the most vital parameters are constants, you get excellent results whatever you do. It`s worthless.

I`m sure AndrewT, syn08, salas and Jan fully agree.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Lumba Ogir said:
PMA,
of course, through the power supply capacitor, it can`t be any other way, can it? It`s never too late to reassess your stance and henceforth, without oversimplifying like amateurs, take it for what it is, a coupling capacitor, (directly) in series with the load.
In your software the grounds are ideal, the most vital parameters are constants, you get excellent results whatever you do. It`s worthless.

I`m sure AndrewT, syn08, salas and Jan fully agree.

Another thing you are sure of, but is wrong.

Jan Didden

Jan,
I regret this divergence of opinion.

Despite the above objection, maybe we could dare to establish that there`s no way to bypass the signal path. Think twice before adding stuff like IC regulators, diodes, ceramic and tantalum capacitors, also there`s no way to camouflage any servos, turbos, relays, indicators, correction circuits. All these will leave a trail of dirty footprint.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Lumba Ogir said:
Jan,
I regret this divergence of opinion.

Despite the above objection, maybe we could dare to establish that there`s no way to bypass the signal path. Think twice before adding stuff like IC regulators, diodes, ceramic and tantalum capacitors, also there`s no way to camouflage any servos, turbos, relays, indicators, correction circuits. All these will leave a trail of dirty footprint.

Don't change the subject. You said you were sure I'd agree. I don't. So you were wrong.

Jan Didden

The differential amplifier improves operation and ripple rejection considerably, compromising on that would be expressively unwise. Adding an array of mythical fairy lights instead, of course, would not help at all.
Despite measures taken, the moderately clean voltage (in this context) at the base of T9 is obviously a weak point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.