Accuphase e202 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am hoping to find someone that can repair this. I live in Chicago. I did an extensive google search for its reviews and every post was an A +. I can drop it off at a recommended repair shop near Chicago or ship it to someone that is willing to get it fired up. I would prefer a person that works on it in their spare time versus a repair shop. It weighs 50 pounds. I sold all my pricey gear years ago. The one thing I did not sell was my avalon eclipse 2 way speakers 1 woofer blew and I replaced all of the drivers with accuton ceramics big improvement.

I was quoted 400$ I asked what needs to be done. It needs a complete overhaul ok what parts? You need a power supply ok how much 150 - 200$ I dont know much about electronics but the first thing I thought about was buy and install a supply. Or a seperate outside chassis stand alone power supply. If the main caps are bad I think I could handle replacing those. Any suggestions thanks Glen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.