accuphase e202

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just rescued an accuphase e202 .The guy was going to sell it as scrap metal. I really didnt know its value I gave him 20 $ Every review is an A+. It wont power up. I replaced all 3 fuses reset does not seem to have triggered. There is one blown lamp fuse I made a few calls and no one had the 8 volt .3 . I have a 7.25 volt lamp in its place . I read a post that if the lamp goes the unit wont power up? I do not hear a click from the relay next to the power switch. The board behind where the 3 fuses are looks overheated. I can feel heat there. I found a post showing that board and a description parts replaced http://www.praudio.co.uk/repair summary10.htm . I am looking for someone that can repair this locally Chicago or I can ship it 50 pounds.

Hi Glen27,
I can let you have 2 replacement meter lamps.
Thought that was the problem when I bought my (now fixed) E202.
Bought a few when I eventually found a source!
Definately worth pursuing repair, quite a wonderful amp :)
Email me your address, if you need them, and I'll get them to you next week.

Alistair

Thanks I have 2 packs of 6.3 volt lamps. Hopefully those are ok.
I had it working for 5 minuites then dead.
No lamp power no relay click.
The relay engages with the power board in.
When I install the amp boards no relay.
There is something that isnt on those boards that needs to be replaced. I have at least $ 100 in parts including spares.
Its time to pull the face plate and start probing the other boards.

Hi again,

My E202 cut out on plugin to mains. Some cards showed what looked like scorching... NOT the problem!.... only due to long term use. Some E202's have modified AC input on the front underside, looks suspect, but only due to modification, so don't be mislead.
My repair cost £17 .... ca. 20 dollar U.S.!
Problem lay in bridge rectifiers on loudspeaker output.

I ordered replacements for 2sc1451 The parts guy said ok Ive got these mouser part # 771-bc556a should be ok. I installed 556a
on the amp boards Q3.
Today I decided to replace Q 1 2 and 5 on the power supply board. No relay click. Ok are these are the wrong parts?
I found the correct part # replacement on audiokarma.
512-KSC2310YBU to-92 ecb 150v .05a .8w 100mhz 40-240hfe $0.11 ea

1 collector ( base center) emitter reading left to right.
I have replaced other transistors also.

Hi again,

The last photo on the first page is of the part I described as being modified. Remained untouched by me or my repair guy!

I didn't do the repair myself, I was told that the problem lay with the bridge rectifiers. This was put to me as though this was a frequent kind of fault.

As the repair was ridiculously cheap, I am sure it didn't involve high value components!

I'll try to find out more.

Good luck, and keep posting on your progress :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.