HIRAGA higher power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
The ‘hiraga classe A’ amps are relatively low power
There is some one that increased the power higher then ‘ le monstre’ 30 watts?
I was thinking of increasing the VCC to +/-50v and the voltage gain, keep the current bias around 1.5 amps getting 100 watts; the big question if it works properly.
I ran some simulations but I am not pleased with the results.
If some one can help and advise I will be grateful.
Best regards
Williams

You can search forum for Monstre
I do not remember if we discussed higher power here:
Hiraga "le monstre"
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5462

But sure it could be possible.
On the other hand, is often said that
One 10 Watt Class A .... can match 50-100 class ab amplifiers ... in sound quality

10 Watts RMS means +10 dB
If your speakers are SPL 90 dB/1 Watt, you will get like 100 dB level

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Lineup,

Thanks for the nice comments i am flattered!!!

that version i made of the 20W class A amp recently measured well.

I have actually written a little article on it for another site when it is finished i will post it it has pictures and measurements and the exact cricuit etc etc...

any how the amp ended up making about 56W rms,

if you used a larger output stage for example sanken 230 or 250W devices - (but still a single pair) and a couple of resistor/transistor changes you could get more power, however the heat would be quite difficult to get rid of !!!!

-Dan

Hi daniel,
You built nice things. I built the Douglas Self class A amp and increased the vcc supply so, could get ~45w @ 8 ohms, but I want to build a simplier pwr amp in class A.
My spk are Acoustat 2+1 so I need some thing around 100w.
From my sim, Hiraga amp, when is switching to class AB from class A in order to deliver a higher output power is very distorted and needs to be bias at very high current in order to keep it clean, so I am wondering if can increase the output power of Hiraga amp with out distortions or degrade performance!
How did you rise up the output power?
best regards
Williams

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Williams.

attached is the orignal

Attachments

• hiraga schematic.jpg
    hiraga schematic.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 392
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.