PS Audio 200c repair and upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am now mostly done with this amp. I may see about a replacement power transformer, since the current one doesn't know the words to the songs (hums instead), but, other than that, I just plan to use it for a while.

There's not a whole lot left of the original parts, though. Besides all the original blown parts and electrolytics I replaced, I have replaced all the VAS 2n6556's with KSA1220A's (since they're available and pretty good devices). I also replaced the NPD5566 input JFETs with LSK389B's (lower noise, lower drift, and better matching - plus metal cans instead of platic DIP), and I replaced the TL081CP DC servo op amps with BB OPA27's (also lower noise) and I added offset trim pots to them so I could really tweak down the DC offset... it's about 2mV now.

By the way, the one other common transistor device in this amp that I did not replace, and thankfully don't need to replace, are the 2n8099's. I can't even find specs on these. Anyone know anything about them?

Cheers,
Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.