italian style

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: I have tried a super Dx amplifier tweaking for low distortions Beto

destroyer X said:
and using Multisim 10 i could make it very low in distortion... was hardly modified.... then i have assembled and sounded awfull.

Also we had some experience using Cygnus in our country.... Cygnus specifications were great (despite it is a copy of Leach Amplifier).... but both of us have junked the unit as resulted not good... the reproduction quality were not the one we were specting.

After thousands amplifiers made and listened i could not confirm that low distortions results in good sonics.....now a days i have abandoned fourier analises .... building and listening searching for
sonic quality and not bothering anymore about numbers.

That STK chip we both have used and appreciated measure badly into simulators....but also there are some good units into measurements that produces nice sound, alike LM3866 and better one LM4780

Obsession by numbers started in 1978, and i could not see all that increase in sound quality since those early days... there are some old units from Marantz, measuring awfully that reproduces a very nice and pleasant sonics.,

The one will feel great with numbers are distortion analisers, scopes and spectrum analisers...but unfortunatelly instruments do not listen music and do not buy amplifiers...so.... build amplifiers to instruments happyness...good numbers for meters...is not a very good idea.... sound is for humans... audible performance..pleasant sonics for humans.

In other words Beto:

- "Don't ask simulators if the amplifier sounds fine, as they will not answer you... they do not listen you, they cannot talk and they cannot listen music alike humans can... they can just produce calculations... ask your niece... call friends... produce A to B comparisons"

Simulators and instruments are nice tools..but not more than tools... they are not humans..so, cannot answer things and evaluate things alike humans can.... sound reproduction is made for humans...to ears... to play music...not tones or bursts of tones

This text is a special contribution to your development and to jump over some stages of learning were we loose a lot of time... waste of time to produce two circuits into simulators and ask fourier what they sound....non sense in my point of view as the time waste is enougth to build those two circuits and to listen them into real life...so...it is an artificial, non real thing when you can do the real thing.

There are some myths in audio too alike we had in Radio Amateurs works... do your remember that increase in supply current capabilities to increase Radio Frequency power output... do you remember that foolish?... we have some of those things in our communitty too.... audio cables and a lot of stuff are also having addicted guys here..... do you remember... radio consumption was 5 amperes and people saying that became better when using 50 amperes supply with a stone inside?

Those guys that uses simulators, do that because cannot do different... some of them has some movement problems, others, alike old Line up (very old with 57!) cannot use soldering iron because his place is so cold the soldering iron only warms...ahahahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Always knew simulator makes no miracle but a very good tool to test the circuit before the funcionamneto to mount in practice. posted when the simulation was done in multissim here to check if the circuit operated satisfactorily before mounting.
the use of fourier analysis and more illustrative because I know that in practice and toltamente difierente.
can be sure that you and I also only believe what my ears hear the ehhehehe.
I appreciate your kindness to give good guidance on the simulators.
although you say that I am your friend-enemy ahhahahaa still appreciate your goodwill and your explanations.
thanks

time of true testing

of course schematic and simulator
don't build sound
is just a track of next experience
everybody know EF Output Stage's sound
(the reason of this popularity is the gain 1 of different devices)
someone also know CFP OS sound
(much better but with a disturbing distortion)
so
newly procured equipment with similar gain...
it's time to real test:rolleyes:
there is anyone who wants to have?

Attachments

• modify.jpg
    modify.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 306
Next week i gonna have a brand new scope and a protoboard

and i will try it into the protoboard... as others have inspected into the simulator and all bugs (if existed) have disappeared

I will not promisse to assemble real life... bad leg circulation forces me not to be sitted.

But Beto is the one is sitted all time long (ahahahaha) maybe he will do that.

Va molto benne caríssimo fratello....but.... by the way... have you built or you are a simulator only guy?

arrivederci.

Carlos

......................................................................................................

Beto

My dear friend and best enemie (one of the most strong ones)

It is good to see you around... doing audio amplifiers...this makes easier to stand by you.

aaahahahahah!

Carlos

Attachments

• fotos 688.jpg
    fotos 688.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 242
Io sono qui più per apreder con grandi maestri del forum.
il mio amico / nemico Carlos persona che si verrebbe a monte di questo progetto.
STEE Carlos è la persona ideale per la costruzione di un progetto di ciò che si pensa.
Io sono un semplice tecnico di elettronica e sono ancora molto apreder hehehehe.
ringraziare tutti voi per la pazienza con me.
thank's

To tell the truth most of what I do is in the simulator. I confess!

But since no one has pointed out a flaw in my circuit it seems that everything is okay.

The circuit may have stability problems, so you may wish to increase miller caps on the first run.

I thank anyone who tries to build this, since I cannot. :)

- keantoken

another possible solution - see

Really I'm not able to use simulator
:eek:
and normally check solution only in my mind:bigeyes:

if you see the original idea of this output stage
there are 3 little BJT to correct instability
and Bryston for sure
use true complementary customer dedicate bipolars

my idea now is make a step forward
to solve this problem:

use two big devices for EF (17A)
and two medium for CFP (8A)
and two wonderfull little drivers of course
(medium BJT are more easy to match then bigger)

result probably is like a Peach/Lemon fruit juice
:cool:

Attachments

• lyra output stage.jpg
    lyra output stage.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 242
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.