WTB: STK043 stereo amplifier chip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The price of them is astronomical!

Personally, I'd see about retrofitting some small amp circuit in there. Something with TIP142/147 darlingtons for example.

There might also be other kinds of STK that you can use that are pin compatible, more readily available and cheaper.

i agree too

jaycee said:
The price of them is astronomical!

Personally, I'd see about retrofitting some small amp circuit in there. Something with TIP142/147 darlingtons for example.

There might also be other kinds of STK that you can use that are pin compatible, more readily available and cheaper.

the price for a thing like that is very expensive ( on the other hand i dont like stk sound any way)
..... depainting on the rail voltage i would be very happy to locate inside a couple of very happily P3A borads ....

you may wana check this on esp pages .....

Actually now I come to think about it, what I would do is retrofit some LM3886s into it. They are small compared to the STK and you could probably do a point-to-point wiring if you don't feel like doing a small PCB.

Also, they will sound better - the STK-043 datasheet says 20W output power into an 8 ohm load at 1KHz has a THD of 0.4%! The LM3886 is far superior in this regard.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.