audiolab amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
has anyone circuit diagrams of the 8000A amp and 8000P power amp please?

I'm interested in upgrade of any electrolytics from the view of 10 year normal lifetime (apart from the power supply which is a relatively simple job).

Also has anyone details of the serial number series (B, D etc) and what kind of mods were incorporated?

Any info or links appreciated, my searches have not come up with much.

thanks.

that was fast, thank you very much indeed.

It looks like there is only a 47u decoupling on the zener ref that is likely to degrade much (apart from power supply caps of course). It probably may not even be worthwhile to put a 0.1u across it because the current source feeds the long tail pair, not the zener noise?

Does anyone have the preamp circuit or know if the circuits changed much over the series?

I think the first series was din sockets in grey enclosures. They then changed to phono sockets and black enclosures. Then they added a video extra input switch(es) position and went to gold plated phonos?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.