Problem with Rotel RB850

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mmmmm...you've given me lots to think about. I'm going to investigate and mend the amp. I am quite tempted to build a new front-end and house it in the RC850 case which is well made. This together with mods to my Marantz CD should keep me out of mischief for a few evenings!

Thanks all for your advice and info.....certainly got my grey matter going again!

Gavin

power and driver transistors

homemodder wrote

thats the 2sd1047, 2sb817, 2sd600 and 2sb631

Hi Gavin,

I cannibalized what I think was a Rotel 870 integrated for the chassis. I believe I have the power and driver transistors listed above. I did however have a spark fly when I apparently shorted one of the power transistors to the heatsink during the deconstruction. All the others should be in the condition that they were. It was operational on both channels but had some fading problems so I think that the power transistors should be OK.I can take a picture if you want to be sure that they are the correct ones. I would give them to you for the price of the postage.

Cheers, Fred

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.