Cyrus 2, help needed!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I have a Cyrus 2 that is working fine, however, there's a constant buzzing noise on both channels. It seems slight louder on the right channel, though. The buzzing sound has a constant volume, regardless of input and it starts as soon as it is powered on. I have been told that it might be some capacitors, but since I'll be repairing it myself, I was wondering if it's worth to replace all the electrolytic capacitors. I could also replace some of the low value capacitors for audio grade ones, as long as it makes a difference in sound. I thought about using some Black Gate capacitors, but since they're no longer being made, prices are quite steep right now.
I also noticed that another DIY member replaced the volume pot for a blue Alps. Will that make much difference or should I leave it as is since it is working fine?
I also want to build a clone of the PSX, but that's material for another thread...
Thanks in advance to all of you and any input will be appreciated.

first

you need to locate where the trouble is coming from .....it is obvious that your amp has some kind of issue ....

to my understanding it must be some grounding issue regarding loose contacts or solders ...... leacky caps will come second

after you find what is wrong then you need to find out more about upgrade ....

upgrade will not solve your problem

hello.
once i had a poweramp with a fluctuate buzzing noise.i found out that it was caused by oxidation of the trimmpots of the outputpowerstage(pots for biassing and supplyvoltagesymmetry or so).i turned it a little bit left and right and the noise was nearly away.and then i had to clean the sockets for the fuses and some other contacts.i presume that noise is located in the powerstage.
perhaps it can help you.
regards............

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.