Electronics parts source?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:

I've decided to tackle my first diy electronics repair (installing a new input jack on my bass amp) and I've been successful in determining the part number, but it seems that all of the places I've tried - including Radio Shack locally - either don't have it, or want a high minimum order to ship.

Can anyone direct me to a source? I need a Switchcraft 111pc jack and perhaps a few side items, like solder, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Tony

You might be able to use a different jack and retain the mounting hardware. Got a picture of it ? I have some spares laying around.

tonynorie said:
Hi:

I've decided to tackle my first diy electronics repair (installing a new input jack on my bass amp) and I've been successful in determining the part number, but it seems that all of the places I've tried - including Radio Shack locally - either don't have it, or want a high minimum order to ship.

Can anyone direct me to a source? I need a Switchcraft 111pc jack and perhaps a few side items, like solder, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Tony

Thanks Kramerguy......

After posting, I started digging further and came up with a place called Mouser (sp?) electronics and was able to find the part I needed. It seems that they deal in smaller quantities and only charge actual shipping and that's exactly the supplier I wanted.

Tony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.