pic of my last power amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2003, 12:13 AM   #1
rickpt is offline rickpt  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Talking pic of my last power amp

Here are some pics of my last power amplifier, the design is mine.
As you can see the components used are normal, so the sound must be crap but is quit good. I even use ceramic caps on the compensation the toroidal transformer cost me 5 euro and the case is from a dead counterpoint

best regards

Ricardo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apr08#43.jpg (64.6 KB, 2225 views)
Old 9th April 2003, 12:15 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

pic 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apr08#42.jpg (66.7 KB, 2150 views)
Old 9th April 2003, 12:17 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

pic 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apr08#41.jpg (52.5 KB, 2112 views)
Old 9th April 2003, 03:44 AM   #4
mlloyd1 is offline mlloyd1  United States
diyAudio Member

Interesting.

Looks like a current source into a diff amp with current mirror load feeding emiiter follower and common emitter stage followed by triple emiitter follower to drive the load, output bias transistor on the heat sink.

Close?

mlloyd1
Old 9th April 2003, 05:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

you are very close but the output stage isnt a normal triple folower
this is my best amp. is fantastic, and as you can see is very close to the self blameless amplifier

Regards
Old 9th April 2003, 06:29 PM   #6
audioPT is offline audioPT  Portugal
diyAudio Member

OlŠ Ricardo.
E que tal um esquemazito para ver o que estŠ por debaixo da placa perfurada?

Cumprimentos

Hi Ricardo.
How about a little schematic to see whet is under the PCB?

Regards

Pedro Martins
Old 9th April 2003, 10:29 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

OlŠ Pedro

n„o tenho o esquema no computador, mas ť muito similar ao amplificador do self. aparece no canal audiofilia e eu dou-te umas dicas sobre a topologia dele.

Cumprimentos

Ricardo

Hi Pedro

sorry but i dont have the shematic here on the computer but look at the self blameless amplifier, they are look alike's. the basic topology is similar.

Regards

Ricardo
Old 10th April 2003, 04:55 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Doug Self Blameless Amplifier

The Self Blameless Amplifier is hard to beat! I messed around with lots of esoteric designs before figuring out they were a waste of time. I'll put a good Self implementation up against ANY amp design (ignoring power/current capabililty).
Old 11th August 2003, 04:02 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Some time I donít make a post on the forum, and I donít want some big discussion, so Iím here just show my work to the guys who like to see some ugly amplifiers

This is in fact my first real amplifier(monoblocs), the other where burning prototypes, you now what I mean!

I started building this amplifier when I was 17, only finished when I was 18, every thing was made by me, the case was the thing that gave more work as usual the case was actually never finished, the aluminum as to be polished and anodized, and some details to be improved, but I never had the guts to disassemble the amps! I love them just the way they are!

Some of you that read the elektor magazine will recognize the board...about the topology... it's a 3 stage symmetrical design, consisting of a dual cascade differential stage without degeneration and a VAS stage, followed by a triple emitter follower output stage, you can also see an separate board that is a separate power supply for the input stage based on LM317\337 and thatís about it...

The null performance is something like 3mv at 1khz and 30mv at 10khz with a 2volt peak to peak input. there is still a lot to improve, but it's my best measuring amplifier, and of course is my best sounding one...mind you guys that in the same test my big friend Tube Dude has an amplifier designed by him that measures something like 1mv at 1khz and 2 mv at 10khz!!!!!!!!!! probably the best analog amplifier in the world...(donít mind asking the schematic to him, because he doesnít give it even to me ) that my target for the future... By the way Iíve like to leave here a big thanks to him because all the help he gave me and for leading me on the right track! Thanks!

Best Regards to all the forum menbers

Ricardo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0040 1.jpg (31.4 KB, 1322 views)
Old 11th August 2003, 04:05 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

the back, notice the mistake in one of them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0041 1.jpg (33.2 KB, 1299 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!