pic of my last power amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2003, 04:07 PM   #11
rickpt is offline rickpt  Portugal
diyAudio Member

the inside
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0024 3.jpg (65.7 KB, 1193 views)
Old 11th August 2003, 04:13 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

were the other guys went???????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0037 1.jpg (32.6 KB, 1173 views)
Old 11th August 2003, 08:40 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Self Blameless Amplifier schematic?

Anyone know where to get a copy of the schematic? Just did a google search and did not find it.
Old 11th August 2003, 09:24 PM   #14
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Fuses?

To Rickpt,

Excuse me for being such a worrier, but I don't see any fuses in this creation. Are they just out of sight?
Old 12th August 2003, 09:59 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

You can find one of the self blameless amplifier schematics on this link or buy the book... donít agree on everything written on it but it's one of the best books on the subject...

Link: http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampins/dipa/dipa.htm

my implementation of the blameless is very far from it by now...

The mains fuse is near the inlet inside the amp and it is out of sight... I donít use supply rail fuses... you should now the reason...
The amp actually used a slow start device but I had to use it on a big class A amplifier I made for a friend, it had a huge power suplly!!!

I was expecting some design question, but that seams no one cares about that ones...

been working on these amplifiers and by now they measure something like 2mv at 1khz and 10mv at 10khz... more closer to the wire with gain than ever!!!!

Regards

Ricardo
Old 13th August 2003, 04:51 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default OK, I'll bite

Im just beginning to think about building my own amp and am curious.

I'd like to know more about your design and what you feel makes it such a good sounding amp.
Old 13th August 2003, 06:07 AM   #17
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default OK, what's "Null Performance"?

Excuse my ingorance, but I've never heard of this parameter before. Can someone please explain?

PS- I have some PCB's for Self's "load invariant" class B amp, if anyone's interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small topview_left.jpg (73.1 KB, 618 views)
Old 13th August 2003, 05:54 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Excuse my ingorance, but I've never heard of this parameter before. Can someone please explain?
I was talking about the null test. you can find a lot of information on it in the forum, specially the contribution made by Tube Dude and in some hafler manuals... the xl600 excelinear I think...

Those boards look very nice

Quote:
Im just beginning to think about building my own amp and am curious.
I think you should start with a simpler project, something like the P3a or one of the self variants...
My design is a bit complex, it has large amounts of open loop gain and without a cautious layout will be a pain to get stable, so it isnít a beginners project...

regards and good luck to your project
Old 14th August 2003, 03:31 AM   #19
Diode is offline Diode  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey Ricardo!

I dig the proto board amps. What's so ugly about that man? I repair old 1960's vintage guitar tube amps that are point to point wired!!! Now THAT'S ugly. Hey, it also looks like you wound your torroid transformer yourself...... Where did you get the parts? LOL.... To let you know.... I just finished 2 500Watt amps. I ordered PC boards from Australia and stuffed them up and the amps are incredible.... No hiss, no hum.... Just pure ear candy. Thought you may be interested......

Chris
Old 14th August 2003, 04:57 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Hi Chris

I love protoboards, they are the easiest way to make amplifiers and to try new topologies! About the toriod LOLOL it's an old ILP transformer I bought on a shop here in Lisbon for 10 euros! itís from an old kit I think, but the transformer works very nicely!

The box from that amp is an counterpoint NPS 100! a crap that amplifier was! now it's dead!!!! LOL

Those guitar amps with leaking caps and old valves sound even better

Nice to see that you where successful with your project, I've seen the thread on you post the pictures, they look very nice. I didnít make a post there because I want to keep my post count to a minimum, as my view arenít always welcome (I have various post on texas) and I donít want more trouble.
And now it's time to buy a signal generator and a scope and start doing some of the mods I proposed to you...If you want I can draw a schematic of the amplifier with my mods included...

I think you will like even more!

By the way I donít need such a powerful power amp! 100w for me is more than enough...and as you probably know that higher power brings more problems...

cheers

Ricardo

Hide this!Advertise here!