Parasound schematics ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, Did anyone come up with scematics fro the HCA1000A? I just got one new in the box on trade for some drywall work.
I was not totally impressed at first, It's made in Taiwan. But it looked better than the Audio Source and Sherwood he had. I later saw that it was designed by John Curl and remembered seeing him lurking among us.
Mr Curl,
If your out there, could you give some hints on areas you would have improved if there were less importance placed on price point and more on sound. Not to say there is anything wrong.
It's still in the box, so I don't know what it sounds like. But the papers warn against loads less than 4 ohms and my speakers are 4 ohms.
Any other feedback would be welcome.

I'm planing to upgrade my system.
Now I own Adcom GFA-5400( tweaked ;) ) .
So I'm looking for new power amplifier too. I'm interested in latest Adcom and Parasound amplifier models. I have all adcom amplifiers schematics and none of Parasound.
I 've read all about parasound amplifiers at www.parasound.com. I liked Design Philosophy Of John Curl. Parasound power amplifiers schematics could help me a lot.
Because now is difficult to decide.
Adcom Or Parasound :whazzat:

Most interesting models: Halo A 21 , Halo A 23 and HCA-1500A

So if anyone has schematics of latest parasound models. Please share it with me.

Thanks in advance

I wish I knew about the Halo line when I made the deal for the Parasound. I would have gladly pitched in some cash for a higer end amp. But I only plan on using store bought (or made for store sale) amp for my subs.

Anyway, If anyone knows where to get or has scms for HCA 1000, I'm interested.

As is (stock), it sounds great. I haven't been able to push it to clipping. That's a good thing. But it does lack a little of the depth compared to my home made Aleph 2+. But i would like to tweak it up.

OK, I'm scared. My HCA-1000 is running very hot. It's just under 1 yr old, and may be under warranty, but I would much rather work on it myself. Looking through the vent holes, it seems to have 3 pairs of outputs per side (judging from 6 sand type resistors) Should I look for around 100 ma per device bias? Can anyone clue me in on topology of this amp? Is it bipolar or mosfet? I'll feel like a ninny taking it back for service because it seems too hot because it still sounds very good.

Disregard the last 2 posts. The Parasound is fine. 20 mv across .33 ohm emitter resistors. Looks like a triple darlington with complementary VAS. Pardon my lazyness, but I cann't see ant part numbers due to a cap in front of each transistor and I'm not removing the board to try to trace the back side.

Nice hella toriod, but only 10,000 uf per rail per channel (4 x 10,000 total) but small chasis will make adding more quite difficult.

The smell and heat are from my old college daze HK amp. The front end of one channel had a problem I couldn't fix, so I hooked the output drivers from the dead channel to the good one and use it as a dual out mono amp for 2 4ohm subs. I think it's dieing. It has served valiantly and almost survived 3 beers at a drunk night at the fraternity house. I was able to repair My Pioneer SX-950 but the HK 870 was too complicated without a schematic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.