a wonderfull sziklai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

homemodder said:
Plenty current can be flowed, if I can give you one reference look at eletrocompaniet outputstages, theres something they do very well, loads and loads of powerful clean bass. I have 2 nemo s and 2 aw250 amps, for bass I havent heard any amp of any price be better at low frequencies.

I can supply a schem if you want to have a look.

Hi homemodder can you shere this schematic?

AndrewT

I apologize if you find irritating my architectures stop propose
no problem

yes the value of this load resistor is wrong, but this idea is beatiful
:angel:

Just an idea to found better solution

I would like use CFP configuration on my Amp
because his speed produce an intresting sound

so i have tested some solution
but CFP when works with power is very unstable
sometime generate RF

now I would like found a Simply solution
for example use this stage as driver
it's a beautiful idea
because his devices are little
so more similar, so more stable

but now generate a clipping:
probably because need an indipendent load (see figure)
( I am only a hypothesis )

or viceversa
need a common load between two rails... (next step of evaluation if that before fault)
:smash:

again sorry for my english

Attachments

• belive.jpg
    belive.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 712
Re: separate rail load

Stee said:
thanks Alex

stee ....it seems that you dont get it !!! do you ????

this is almost thread jacking ...and also forum people dont have the time for this ...... in only one thread you posted almost 15 schematics .....

this is a thread to disscuss

JOY 200 AMPLIFIER MADE BY CATALIN

so please give us a brake

regards sakis ( with sexy avatar )

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
I use cfp only as driver in a EF, their is a way to reduce high frequency distortion and crossover artifacts of this arrangement but I cannot discuss it as I use this arrangement in a amp I sell to car audio and as a PA amp. I will only say it isnt sliding bias or error correction, its effects are mainly seen at high powers and at higher frequencies 1 KHZ and above. Its very simple, anyone can come up with this idea if he spends some time studying what happens in the circuit. A performance graph is on the fruga amp thread, I go for very low thd as my amps are for use at powers of 250 watt or more and need to have as little nasties as possible in high frequency domain.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Cant get rid of, but can be significantly reduced, Im trying something similar now with a triple but its more tricky here because of stability problems.

Do you mean having the cfp in class a ?? I already use the cfp in class a. Look at stee s example of cfp ef.

What I dont like is the extra complexity to achieve this but it has good sonic merits, when I remove the extra circuitry the human voices seem to have like a glare at the end of a sung word and with it it dissapears, cymbals become very detailed with the extra circuitry too. When listening at 200 300 watt levels the crossover artifacts sound horrible.

catalin said:
not have time for practical testing .
Thd (5khz) with 5 harm =0.0002 %
Slew rate = 250 V/uS

Catalin,

May I suggest you to not reference CCS's biasing resistors to ground?
Try to make the input stage + VAS as much as possible a constant current compound stage.
Keep the ground as clean as possible and use a separated PSU for output stage, and for inputs stages a good ccs+shunt feedbackless PSU

Regards,
Mihai

Disabled Account
Joined 2006

Does the mirror load on the LTPs work when you have dual complementary VAS? [/B]

Nope, only in simulation, I hope no one tries to build it, output offset will be all over the place, the current mirror issue with complementary ltps has been discussed many times, rather try a cascode on the ltps. Do a search here of randy slones designs. He eventually had to change his current mirror designs because of this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.