Triple emmiter follower

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lineup said:
ostrippper

I know you are a beginner, a very promising one :),
but I am a bit surprised you are not telling the truth here:
I am trying all OP options , ran across this thread

you do not dare to test the best version, my 4 stage output ;)
tripple is only the ordinary old simple 3 stages way ...

the brand new
Lineup Quattro Output Stage
:cool:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=1687894&stamp=1229528414

( http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1687894#post1687894 )
Hi Lineup

Perhaps you could start a thread showing the Lineup Quattro Output Stage and ask for comments. Looks like there would be no need for a VAS with this Output Stage.

:)

Perhaps.

But on the other hand, I have seen 1000-s of postings being much more offtopic.
More than posting my 4-stage emitter follower here.
Sometimes is even hard to know you have came right,
when clicking one topic
and you end up in some strange discussion about whatever else.

As I see it,
when somebody search for 'tripple emitter follower'
it wont hurt they can look at some alternatives, that are close to same idea & function.

Regards :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
With mosfets you dont need a triple EF drive, the gates can be driven directly by VAS if you like, as the loading of the power fets does not traverse down the gate like it does on current driven devices like BJTs.

Mosfets are voltage driven.

However for multiple power fets in parallel, you may still want a driver stage to aid higher frequencies though, as the gate capacitance of each of the fets add up and eventually loads VAS enough at higher frequencies that frequency response goes down and distortion goes up.

But there is no need for a triple EF on a mosfet output, only for higher power output BJT amps working into lower load impedances.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

so can we drive the 2 ohm load having 5 pairs of IRFP240 and IRFP9240? continuously?

I want to drive a 4 ohm woofer so would like to bridge the amp hence need amp stable in 2 ohm... thought of triple EF but like said on the above post its said that its not required to have triple EF so can It drive 2 ohm load? how many pairs are required to run the IRFP240 to make a stable and safe amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.