help with learning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi.
i am new to this community.
i am a electrical student by profession specializing in instrumentation and MCUs.
however, i have long since i wanted to get into building amplifiers since i am a audio enthusiast.
but i have no idea how to get about.
i realise that this is probably not the right group to post it but in this forum it seemed like the most likely place to ask..

i would really appreciate it if the more experienced members would help me out in learning the art of designing, debugging and developing a complete amp..

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Krish,
Start small :) Maybe a chip amp to begin. There is nothing like actually getting something to work for the first time. Electronics is a vast subject, sure you can make an amp, but it sounds like you want to do more than that.
Do you have any electronics experience ? You will need some basic test equipment. You really need to be able to make your own PCB's as well, and all this takes time, even professional electronics techs are learning all the time--we never stop learning.

this excellent book will help

Get a copy of this book and keep it with you...it has all the answers you will need...Depending upon your background, you may find you need some preparation before this book, but it is very well written.
Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook, Fourth Edition by Douglas Self (Paperback - Sep 5, 2006)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.