Balanced jfet buffer for Vout DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to make a simple balanced buffer using jfets for my CS4397 Dac, which is voltage out. (I've just made a jfet RIAA stage, hence enthusiasm for jfets.) :up:
I've done a lot of searching but the circuits I have found all have gain, which I don't need.
Can anyone please point me in the direction of a suitable published schematic, or give me some ideas on how to create, say, a balanced source follower?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jonners said:
I'd like to make a simple balanced buffer using jfets for my CS4397 Dac, which is voltage out. (I've just made a jfet RIAA stage, hence enthusiasm for jfets.) :up:
I've done a lot of searching but the circuits I have found all have gain, which I don't need.
Can anyone please point me in the direction of a suitable published schematic, or give me some ideas on how to create, say, a balanced source follower?

go to Papa's B1 thread and look for version with J310 ( in last few pages) ;

make 4 channel version , two channels will give you balanced (4 for stereo)

you can't make it cheaper and simpler ;

be sure to use decent supply

edit:

here it is :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1681957#post1681957

Hi there,

I am a newbee, so please bear with me, and my perhaps stupid questions :clown: .... I have a few questions in the same line:

I'd like to build a discrete output stage without coupling caps for a DAC which has a DC component (2.5V).

Could this buffer be used? If not, do you know of a simple design that could do it?

Have a nice day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.