Krill - The little amp that might...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bear,
Good post. I do have to agree with you unfortunately.

At this point in time, we are preparing for a changeover and a few other things. Most of the moderating team is pretty busy. Me, I'm not as energetic as I used to be, but with any luck, that will change. So a bad time for people to lose control here.

In general, to everyone here.

There are many of us who are in positions of responsibility in real life, and many who have to deal with others in a professional manner. The general tone here is supposed to be respectful towards each other. Unless you want to look like an idiot, you should be acting in a professional manner. The same way you would be expected to behave in a meeting. When you misbehave, it does reflect poorly on you, and it's a small world. I have met a few members in real life and there are many people who do read this forum. Just remember that you aren't all faceless behind your computers, and poor behavior will probably affect you in some way in your real life. This could be in the form of an offer not extended due to the way you act on the web.

Look at things another way. If you carry yourself well, it sure can't hurt!

Bear, you are being diplomatic! That certainly is not lost on many members. You did lay out your thoughts in a clear and reasonable way, for that I do thank you. Even though I am part of the problem by not being present as much as I'd like. You do point out that everyone is responsible for their own actions, although not in those words. I am hoping that people at least consider what you have said for longer than it takes to read your post.

-Chris

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
bear said:
Suggest that some folks here need to switch to "decaf" and/or try some doctor prescribed "mellowing" medicine?

I think that the sim is good to discuss. Discuss, not confront or be contentious.

If I were a moderator, I think that i would have "adjusted" some attitudes by one means or another long ago. I think this shows that there is a wide latitude and relative lack of censorship.

Imho this comes roughly under the heading of "shouting fire in a crowded theater". To make the idea clear, I'm referring to the idea that there should be no self censorship nor moderator "censorship" - meaning that everyone should just spout off the very first thing that comes into their head. Eh?

It's not the technical or informational content of some posters, it is the deliberate and explicit or implicit tone, attitude, that has nothing to do with anything factual or informational.

Let's say this about what I just said: I'm being diplomatic. :D

_-_-bear

"...comes a time when the blind man takes your hand and says don't ya see..." - Jerry Garcia & Robert Hunter

Bear
Why don’t you call a spade a spade?
If you mean that I have said something wrong in my post I need to know to correct it.:cannotbe:

If you are talking about somebody else I think that they would appreciate it if you said it directly, call a spade a spade.

Cheers
Stinius

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cop:
Joshua_G

You have brought out some good points from time to time, and presented them well. These last posts are not doing anyone any good and run against the general tone here.

If you have a problem, then please bring it up in a more insightful manner in an appropriate place. Try to avoid stirring things up. That action is not gaining you any respect here.

I do have an email button, you are welcome to use it. If you wish to rant, be assured I'll ignore you. If you want to talk about something that is bothering you, I'm game. I would much rather you get more out of being here than to be able to say to a friend "Hey! Look what I just posted! I really showed 'em". However, that is your choice.

If you want to be taken seriously, please calm down and post either information or questions relating to a technical topic.

-Chris

Edit:
Forgot the other "cop" symbol.

Ok, OS, I hear what you're saying but in order to avoid confusion could we not just start with a definitive SD Krill schematic for each of the power ratings posted 50W, 100W 200W?? This would help clarify matters. then variants can be discussed but at least everybody is referring back to a base schematic!

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
jkeny said:
Ok, OS, I hear what you're saying but in order to avoid confusion could we not just start with a definitive SD Krill schematic for each of the power ratings posted 50W, 100W 200W?? This would help clarify matters. then variants can be discussed but at least everybody is referring back to a base schematic!

I agree, and I’m using the one I posted some posts ago.

Cheers
Stinius

Attachments

• schematic_for_50w_amp_.pdf
    77.7 KB · Views: 138
It is good to be on the "same page". I just didn't have any
of steve's devices , I used what I had and used "the evil LT"
to get it right the first time. (no :hot: ).

Designing a common device version would really put this wonderful design within the reach of many more builders.
(india , africa , s. america)

In the US and EU we take our sourcing for granted.. ;)
Edit : Not everyone will be using the same PS , as well,
so a "scale " of CCS Re's would be helpful for those who
use recycled trafo's..

OS

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
anatech said:
Joshua_G

You have brought out some good points from time to time, and presented them well. These last posts are not doing anyone any good and run against the general tone here.

If you have a problem, then please bring it up in a more insightful manner in an appropriate place. Try to avoid stirring things up. That action is not gaining you any respect here.

I do have an email button, you are welcome to use it. If you wish to rant, be assured I'll ignore you. If you want to talk about something that is bothering you, I'm game. I would much rather you get more out of being here than to be able to say to a friend "Hey! Look what I just posted! I really showed 'em". However, that is your choice.

If you want to be taken seriously, please calm down and post either information or questions relating to a technical topic.

-Chris

Edit:
Forgot the other "cop" symbol.

anatech

If you are posting with a cop symbol, how can you expect people to ignore it?

BTW: I don't see anything wrong about this post by Joshua (I think he is right) or what do you think?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1762785#post1762785

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Ragnwald said:
Nica Ras had some hard time without complaining. :rain:
0,000012%

Remember, Steve has not shown us his SOTA yet, and perhaps that was not his intention.

Exactly. As BudP has over EnabL and others about equally contentious subjects. If you make the claim, you need to be able to show clear proof or be willing to fight it out.

(fight it out, used above, is a figure of speech. Not the actual physical pummeling that can happen in a real pugilistic contest, but more a heated discussion - a quasi argument. I did not mean that Steve should don the gloves and step into the ring. Thank you.)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
PH104 said:
cool - so to summarize:

100W in post 1013
200W in post 535
50W in post 805, BOM for 50W in post 809.

That matches the latest information I have. It would not surprise me to find one or two errors tho - there have been quite a few changes made over the progress of the thread.
This is the list I'm building from as soon as I can get the painters out of the house and get my work area back. :bawling:

stinius said:
BTW: I don't see anything wrong about this post by Joshua (I think he is right) or what do you think?[/URL]

Well, here's a sample of brilliant ignorance:

Joshua_G said:
For one thing, the software can do only what its' designers put into it. I'm not sure that all situations are accounted for, especially with non-conventional topologies.

Straight from one that made a good living designing simulators for Cadence Systems: I swear all situations are accounted for, including non-conventional topologies :rofl:

stinius said:

Bear
Why don’t you call a spade a spade?
If you mean that I have said something wrong in my post I need to know to correct it.:cannotbe:

If you are talking about somebody else I think that they would appreciate it if you said it directly, call a spade a spade.

Cheers
Stinius

No, I am not aiming at anyone in particular in my post.

If anyone, including you, feels "concerned" then by all means engage your "diplomacy" sub-routine and punch it up to a higher run-time priority?

Anyone who wishes to can email me at anytime, either from my website or via the link below - do not expect an instantaneous response. (this message is brought to you by The Department Of Free Advice). ;)

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.