B&O 1000asp amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diy'ers.I wonder if anyone can tell me whether these modules from B&O can just be wired up to the appropriate connectors and used.I notice that on some of the commercially available equivalents eg:JeffRowland 501 and some others that even to put a led on the front panel they have some type of circuitry.

lazenna said:
Hello diy'ers.I wonder if anyone can tell me whether these modules from B&O can just be wired up to the appropriate connectors and used.
In a word, yes. The problems are that the input impedance is a low-ish 8kOhm which some preamps may not like and that the gain is only 27dB meaning they require quite a lot of voltage for full power compare to other amps. Most of the commercially available amps will use input circuitry to raise the input impedance to around 50kOhm and provide a bit of extra gain as well.

/U.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.