harman kardon citation 12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone i just seen a diy pcb on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270302226868&Category=12050null

I want to know if anyone has build this citation 12 nelson pass version but i cant seem to find any websites or any members who have assembled this amp from scratch.

I dont feel confident to build this amp as i have looked at the schematic and it didnt match the board on some websites.

i got the whole circuit digram plus nelson pass pdf and much more cant upload here not enough file size storage i email it to anyone who wants it.

I have seen this kit the web page shows the kit and circuit diagram and list of parts e.g c2 = 47uf /50v but when i read the parts list it does not match the diagram they showing including voltage rail dont match when i use the formula ac27 *1.414 = 38.178 dc volt but on pcb says it says 33v.

Here is the web link

http://forum.analogmetric.com/viewthread.php?tid=456&page=1&extra=page=1#pid1408

dont read threads ina harry !!!

use the forum search button

search for legend 4 threads there are many ( legend 4 is almost the same ( or was it shame he he ) with cit 12 ) but in these extensive threads you might find usefull information about how thisns worked up generally ...

if you also use the forum's search button you may also find info about the original citation 12 but not that extensive ...

fast food solutions are not available by me ( and probably other forum members )

you need to do so some study to understand things arround this amp and of course you have to consider your shelf lucky since there is so much info available

happy regards sakis

almost none

thsi is a similar design from BORA OMEGA and i think its a fine amplifier the only thing is that works with 4 mosfets instead of 2 and then again as you read in the threads there is quite a lot of questions about a lot of things like output resistors or not matched mosfets or not output inductor or not voltage rails vas capacitor and so on.

The particular amp was given to me by dr bora for free i have builted many versions of it but most of them failed if operated in high rail voltage . keeping rails much lower than 40 volt you got your shelf a nice amp . the latest version i ve made has also output inductor that made a dramatic improovement to the all amp .....

generally i dont like mosfets and if you want the final opinion .... is to built your shelf a Dx amplifier and house it inside the c12

best regards sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.