My first DIY amplifier 20 years a go - Page 53 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2014, 02:24 AM   #521
diyAudio Member

My tests will take time. I've been hijacked to another city by relatives ! So I will have to first attend to 'family related' matters and that will last another 2 weeks !
I really like the Latfet sound though it would mean using a separate bipolar amp for LF duty. The bipolar power devices appeared to have 'meatier bass' ! But to be sure a very careful controlled test is required. I can't do that at the moment as I don't have enough boards.

Maybe Latfet for mids and HF and bipolar for the LF in a bi-amped system ! I could implement this easily as I have a few speakers wired for biamp use.
Wonder if anyone else has tried that already ?
Old 3rd May 2014, 01:52 PM   #522
diyAudio Member

Just remembered about this thread !

I didn't get round to doing anything about this amp. Been too busy with several things. Maybe I should do something now. Just rigged up my new computer and want to use ARTA on it and see what measurements I can take.

I have a couple of other completed amp boards to compare it with. Mono for the moment.

Wonder if anyone else got time to complete their boards and compare the amp with something else. By itself it did sound quite good. But now I'm recalling from memory !
Need to set up the system and listen again. Did anyone try to up the power ?

Hide this!Advertise here!