My first DIY amplifier 20 years a go - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2009, 09:30 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Gaborbela....my friend Sakis, because the way Greek language

is... very direct, and sometimes hard. seems agressive..but this is because the language root.

I had problems here, even portuguese beeing the same language, but i have moved from Rio de Janeiro to this place in the Northeast... well..in Europe means you go from Spain to Croatia maybe...enormous distance and culture is also different.

3 Thousand kilometers i imagine is the distance..... and here they had Dutch invaders....strong influences..they talk very directly... they say to you.

- "Will not rent this appartment to you... or the Sony President, that Japanese, sign as a guarantee or no business between us!"

In my place, Rio de Janeiro, we had strong French influences because of French invaders...so, we have a more kind way to speak.... in the same sittuation, in Rio they would say:

- "I have something not so nice to say.... despite all my efforts to rent you the appartment, i am afraid we may not be happy in this business...some bureaucratic issues related the ones will sign the guarantee was not covered by the rules and regulations.... this way.... i will ask you to wait one more day, i will try to find a solution to our problem...can you offer someone more graduated to help us signing as a guarantee?"

Sometimes those things happens.... true, real words, sometimes are hard.

I am continuing to try your circuit...and i have made it better this time.... will continue tomorrow.

Thank you Gaborbela.

regards,

Carlos
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 27th June 2009, 11:42 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

I'm sorry Carlos if you felt I'm to direct with you .
I do not want to be like that , I was tired to explain to the some of the guys yes the amp is working properly and sound great , there is amplifiers with dalington power transistors and even there are amplifiers with two pair or more darlington transistors .
If someone think the commercial amps on the line all has matched power transistors , mosfets or IC he is wrong .Even the amp cost couple thousand dollar , like some Pioneer Elite or Denon , NAD,Nakamichi etc .I talk about the big guns .
After I doubled the power transistors it was even better than with one pair power darlington .
When I read from people these not working , or these will be a bomb I get tired .
If you think a bit after 20 years I want to rebuild it .
I built over 30 amplifier until now .
I would not waste my time to build something if is not a great amp .
One more I apologize , How I wrote you are my friend , you bring a lot of life in to the forum .Also you are with great experience .
A read many of your writing on the forum , even on those amp what I didn't plan to build .
Again I'm happy to have you here in the forum and you are welcome always .
Greets from Toronto
Old 28th June 2009, 01:20 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you... i have not readed all posts in this thread

I will go back to the begining and will read it .

regards,

Carlos
Old 9th July 2009, 07:34 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

Hello
Here is my amplifier PC board lay out .These great .What I posted before you can use it but there is a small mistake . Two places 2 resistors cross each other in two places .
When I design the PC board I thought I will use two resistor on the bottom of the PC board .I forget the emitter resistors are already there .
Of course the PC board was design to the original signal transistor BC416C & 416C.
I will use BC550C & BC560C so please pay attention to the signal transistor different pin out .
Now the lay out perfect .
If you use BC414C & BC416C you just go on and use the board how it is .
If you use BC560C & BC550C please switch the lead of the transistor to feet .
Here is the correct PC layout , If you are interested I can write the parts next to the marks so you can easily build the amp if you are interested .
Please let me know !
Greets
Old 9th July 2009, 07:39 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

Here is the corect layout !
Attached Images
File Type: png darlington 1.png (4.4 KB, 490 views)
Old 9th July 2009, 07:43 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Hello
Unfortuately the qualiti ia bad at the before post .
I tre to post diferent way , maybe will be better .
Greets
Old 9th July 2009, 07:45 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

I forget to post the lay out
Greets
Attached Images
File Type: gif darlington 1.gif (4.8 KB, 476 views)
Old 9th July 2009, 07:48 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Here I started to populate the thiking bomb amplifier .
Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0003.jpg (64.5 KB, 500 views)
Old 9th July 2009, 08:05 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Default my first amp...ooooh!

My first amp used darlingtons. MJ 2501-Mj3001 plus-minus 30 V for 20 w class A .It lasted two years before blowing the emitter resistors and the rest. Can't produce the schematic , taken from a radio magazine from the early '80s found at the flea market. I wonder if it was a bootstrapped class B with very high quiescent current -about 0,8 A . I played only disco at that time . It did his duty .Rough and tough amplifier . The 4 transistors were on the same heatsink ,together with the BD 139 . I'd just split the heatsinks , now !
Old 9th July 2009, 08:07 PM   #110
sajti is offline sajti  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by homemodder
A friend of mine build this a couple of years back and he was happy with the results. Said he found schematics somewhere on the web. Based on similar topology.
This was my old design, and he can found it on my site in the Geocities. It has quite good sound even with better semiconductors. There was another version without overall feedback.

Sajti

Hide this!Advertise here!