Fast Class A Amp - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th November 2008, 10:25 PM   #31
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Default Re: Re: Re: Fast Class A Amp

Quote:
Originally posted by Nico Ras

What makes you think I need stuff from you? Do you share things you get paid for, if so you will not have a job. Have fun looking for something free.

By the way get a better simulator, free is not good.
You obviously need nothing from me. Take the conclusion of my rugged :bs: detector as unsolicited opinion for you and as free advice for all those that may want to buy into your crap.

If you don't want to share things you are paid for, then WTF are you doing here? Asking for free advice to help rounding up your income?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nico Ras

I notice you have a copyright statement on your web site - why not everything for free, post the stuff here.
Everything I do is free for non commercial use, as clearly stated. It's that special class of skunky businesses I am trying to defend my work against. Not much of a success anyway, another good reason to thank God I don't have to make a living out of this sad audio business.
Old 9th November 2008, 11:07 PM   #32
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I'd like to thank Nico Ras for the stuff & schematics he has on his website.
Eventhough what I can see, none of those amps are close to this one.
As well as I appreciate many others for amplifier designs they want to share & discuss.

I know I have no rights to ask for more than what anyone wants to give.
And this is why I never do this

Maybe you should have put your topic into Market Place forum, Nico ...

At the same time I can understand how much you wanted to share your good feelings
about this amplifier with us. We who are interested.
And I also think, you can understand well, we can feel a bit strange, now.
Members with our hobby want to know what can make up a very good amplifier.

Regards, Lineup
Old 10th November 2008, 02:15 AM   #33
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally posted by lineup
I'd like to thank Nico Ras for the stuff & schematics he has on his website.
You'd better not mention that web site. Claiming to get 45Vrms into 2 ohm (that is, 32A peak, or 1KW output power) out of 2 pairs of MJ15003/MJ15004 in a 25 years old folded cascode topology, with measured 0.0016% distortion (and calling this junk "high end"), does not help in making any other further statements credible. Neither does the other one: 250W into 4ohm from two pairs of 2SK1058/2SJ162. Both these things will blow in your face before any serious performance evaluation would start.
Old 10th November 2008, 02:30 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

And he is getting that 45Vrms with 50V DC supplies!
Old 10th November 2008, 02:51 AM   #35
darian is offline darian  France
diyAudio Member

Default It's official now...

I don't think Nico Ras will come back after all your comments. I would have liked to get some more infos. I know these measurements don't sound realistic, would it be in real life or in Microcap 9 with a 0.001 nanosecond resolution. Maybe you could just be more friendly? I dont think all that was necessary... Anyway, my offer is still running, maybe Nico could answer really simple questions not deflorating his design. Like how many transistors, how much feedback, current or voltage type (even if this is always a voltage feedback electrically speaking), error correction type output or not, emitter follower or CFP output, what type of PSU (euuh, it must be very quiet if the noise is around -130dB...).

Regards
Old 10th November 2008, 03:06 AM   #36
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

If the construction he and his collaborators has come up with
is really good we will hear about it, one way or another.
Time will tell.

Nico has been also modest about himself:
Quote:
Interestingly, engineers working in a multitude of technologies sometimes create radical solutions.

Most of you outmatch my capabilities as an audio designer.
Most of you forgot what I am still about to learn,
that was my reason for opening this thread - was there something we missed.
I have seen by his posts he might have some good knowledge about RF (radio frequency) circuitry.
And if I wanted to make a very fast amplifier (too fast for audio?)
I can think of getting some good advices from people that have been in that field.
For example such things as PCB and wiring will play a bigger and bigger role
the faster amplifier will be.
Old 10th November 2008, 03:46 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Nico Ras,

Why dont you make something in real and then post some realworld measurements and scope captures?
Simulation is one thing, but can't be relied upon.
Old 10th November 2008, 04:06 AM   #38
fab is offline fab  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by syn08

...Neither does the other one: 250W into 4ohm from two pairs of 2SK1058/2SJ162. Both these things will blow in your face before any serious performance evaluation would start.
Hi,

Just to clarify that the Hafler DH-200 had 2 equivalent (same die but TO-3) pairs and gave these test results as per this web site:
http://www.nulltime.com/DIYAudio//pr...200review.html :
"...Perhaps one reason the higher level distortion readings are so good is that the DH-200 has a conservative power rating. I measured outputs of over 130 watts (8 ohm) from both channels at the clipping level. Into 4 ohms I was able to get about 250 watts from a single channel!..."
Old 10th November 2008, 04:34 AM   #39
Banned

syn08,
I have always thought of myself as the most disagreeable here, you probably surpass me after all...
Old 10th November 2008, 05:44 AM   #40
777 is offline 777  Japan
Account Disabled

Nico Ras-Fast Class A Amp
“Syn08”
Get real. This is almost unrealistic even in Spice simulations.Smells like another disguised advertising
Show us the schematics and the measurement setup or get your stuff elswhere.

“calvert73”
DIY or Advert? Post #25

If its not a DIY project whats it doing here? Free advertising? I'd love to build one but that seems unlikely if its a commercial product are you releasing the circuit diagram again if not whats it doing here?

I'm not trying to insult or offend just asking what seems to be an obvious pertinant question.

Show us the schematics and the measurement setup or get your stuff elswhere. if its a commercial product are you releasing the circuit diagram again if not whats it doing here?

Hide this!Advertise here!