Case - List of suppliers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ATI research went under, yes.

Be prepared to be gouged on cases. Smaller items you can fit into most "project" style boxes that youd find at Rapid/RS/Farnell (and maybe even Maplin!) but for Power amps and such you're pretty limited to such things as 19" rack cases.

Casings

Dear DIYers,

If there is a need for Cheap and nice looking cases, perhaps there is something i can do here. i know many factories here that make alu cases, and very very pretty ones to. since i live in China the prices are low aswell.

If there is enough interest for a group buy of casings, i would not mind to spend some time trying to find some existing casings, or perhaps somone has a design or wants to make a design that i can give to the manufacturer. good prices start at around 100 Pieces. design can be including print and connectors.

Greetings,

Arjen Helder

If you don't mind doing some metalwork yourself (and maybe designing your own front or rear panels), try the 19" rack cases (3U or 4U) that are "skeleton" servers. They do come with a lot of "junk" inside of them because their intended application is not for audio, but I just bought a 4U rack case on eBay for $35 + $20 shipping. A very nice unit, and it even came with three fans already mounted to the case (which I can probably use!).

The only problem is the appearance of the front and rear drive slots, where computer people put their junk like "drive bays" and "ethernet cards"

:D

I found this company in N.J. USA,
http://www.par-metal.com/

very thick non extruded rack mount cases at really
reasonable prices. I think I'll use them for my XMAS amp..

The PC rackmount server idea is great , but most are
of thin metal and would need reinforcement for the
Toroids (big aluminum plate??) Also, the front panel
slots could be used to facilitate a forced cooling scheme
while maintaining good Aesthetics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.