Matched 2SK1530/2SJ201

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
matching NMOS and PMOS is not really possible
they are very different transistors

same is with NJFET and PJFET
actually, not even BIPOLAR N and P can be well matched

Matching should be used with N and N devices, and P against P
Getting two good macthed 2SK1530, for example, is possible

I dare to disagree.

In this particular case, they do match quite well btw N & P devices, both in Id vs Vgs characteristics and also in Vgs at a certain current. Of course match btw N-devices is still closer.

How many pairs would you need ?

I think you would be looking at $40 at least for 2 matched complementary pairs if anyone is willing to sell. They ain't cheap even unmatched.

Patrick

2SK1530 / 2SJ201 costs 15 Euros a pair in Germany (www.schuro.de; price excluding 19% VAT). I got 8 matched pairs out of 25 of each type -> match factor 1.6. Even just at costs, it would mean 24 Euros (or US$34) for one complementary pair, or for 4 of each in pairs 96 Euros (US$136), plus postage.

For that price, I am sure you can get a few near home and try matching yourself. It is a useful experience on top.

If you really got stuck, you can send me a PM. I'll see whether I still have 8 to spare.

Cheers,
Patrick

Digikey Germany charges 6Euro a piece plus VAT. They did not have them in their catalog when I bought mine. Postage was also not fre, and you still pay handling charge (Something like 20 Euros per order, last time I looked).

You can of course buy from Digikey US at US$7.8 a piece and match yourself.

But he was looking for matched pairs, and those were my costs.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.