Beginner Project needed...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all...

I've been lurking on this site forever, and I'm finally getting the balls to try some stuff...

I've built Vacuum Tube Guitar amps from scratch, restored antique AM Broadcast radios, Repair avionics for a living, and I am an Amateur Radio operator... I want to build a small amplifier...

I looking at playing with MosFets. I need to build a small modulator for a radio project. I am modifying an AM Mode transmitter for external modulation, and it was suggested that a 15-20 W audio amplifier would get me were I want to be (it is a low wattage transmitter).

I would only actually need a 10W amplifier, but I figure if I build something along the 15-20 w output, it can loaf along at a 10 W level...

Can someone point me in the direction for a "beginner" type of project along this line?

thanks a lot.

Hi OM.

Sounds like it should be an easy task for you to bild a small amp for modulation purpose.
I don't have any specific recommendations for you, but i think i would look into the chip amp forum for a small and easy construction. You don't really need an "audiophile" amp, i guess :D

VY 73 de oz1esc, Ebbe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.