Quad 33 Please help!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your original question was how do I do that?, not how do I make the cables. The Source or Radio Shack or local computer stores, even Canadian Tire! all sell the 5 pin d.i.n. to 4 rca cables that you require, these are entry level quality of course. I make up adaptor cables such as these,(I service Quad equipment ), using
as high quality parts as you desire.

Quad 33 Premplifier Balance slider - more stable version wanted

After service and maintenance by this pre-amplifier I note, that works fine. Unfortunately the balance slider showed about
Quad New and Used Parts
is no longer useful, because one half of the open loop consisting of a white plastik (very thin and brittle) isn't present
I use now the same part, found by an ebay guy some years ago.
But I'm very unhappy cause the bad quality - the balance potentiometer turns a little hard (compare to most other potentiometers).

Therefore I need a more stable version with high quality plastic like teflon.
The plastic should not break, even at high load.

Who know a supplier of such a part?
Thank you very much for advices in advance.

Attachments

• Quad 33 Balance Slider.jpg
    Quad 33 Balance Slider.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
thank you. Because the pot rotary motion is to hard I disconnect the leads from main PCB to the balance adjust pot and put in two 470 ohm resistors. After cleaning all push-botton switches and resoldering various solder joints this preamp decvice sounds very good.

But a second question arises:
from where I can order a 4-pin DIN male cable connector for the preamp output DIN female port?
I want to know such suppliers for both usual standart quality and most ultimate contact/housing quality for mounting any wire diameter, even thick Cardas leads like follow:
http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=products&content_id=1&pagestring=Interconnect&product_id=10
Thank you for advices.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.