need echo circuit schematic does not have an ic in it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it's a joke....

schematic attached...

Attachments

• echo.jpg
    echo.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 249
How about a 1024-stage BBD using tubes?

More seriously though, many studios used to use 'plate echo' devices - which have quite an OK 'sound', but they take up a LOT of space.
Essentially what you need is a large sheet of thin sheet metal - like 6x6 feet.

I'd agree, tape is the easiers & cheapest. Cassette not easy to modify, but an old 3-head reel-to-reel is a pretty much ready made echo unit.

why not an electromecanical delay?
build not with ICs, but with magnetic levels on some magnetic fields on the periphery of a big rotating disk.
with the position of the read and write heads on the disk and the speed of the disk, you'll obtain a lot of possible delays.

don't use magnetic tape but magnets on a rotating axle, with blocking mecanism.
magnetic orientation is set by a very strong electromagnet.

it needs to have a lot of magnets to make the 44100 samples per seconds.

and all the electronics is only the read & write amplifiers, with optional speed & position control made with µP and stepper motors.

i don't know, i speak about a fun idea, that's all.

a delay using hard drive plates and heads could be good too.
but it will not be as simple to do as it seems.

in theory, the disk is the memory, the heads are the pointers in relative time.
the relative position of heads will give the delay and speed of disk will give the time.

for sure it is possible to do that, but how many transistors needed to make the control circuit???

i found this link... very interresting.
http://www.ultrajosh.com/tubeamp/2003_05_01_archive.html
thank's teemuk !
enjoy :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.