Lab.gruppen SS1300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear colleagues,

I just got a Labgruppen SS1300 amplifier from a friend for repair. It seems some parts of the SMPS went up in smoke. After removing the top cover a very nasty smell came out of the unit, although the amp blew already a month ago. My friend also gave me a working unit for comparison, but I still think that having a schematic diagram would help a lot. This is not a traditional amplifier. Well, maybe the amp is, but the power supply is not. It uses a very big SMPS transformer for its rated power (2x 650W).
I searched a bit around but found not much useful, but I did find a link with some photo's: http://www.minhembio.com/Fredsarme/208017/
The PCB that is on the last picture in that link at the bottom right is burned in my amplifier. On this PCB there seems to be only the mains rectification and filtering, although on the same PCB also some secondary parts seem to be there. Actually the whole SMPS is divided over two boards with the transformer in between.
My PCBs are a bit different from the ones on the photos, especially the one bottom left in last photo, with the heatsink on. Mine does not have an alu resistor but several cemented resistors instead.

Can anyone help?

Steven

SS1300

The amplifier is ok again. One of the X-rated mains filter caps was blown and burned. It left a residue layer of tar all over the PSU board. Took some time to take it apart and clean the board. No other damage occurred.

Per-Anders, thanks again for the manual.

Steven

Hello!
I know this is a old thread, but I'm also having some trouble with the powersupply in my LAB SS1300.

Is it possible that one of you could send me the service manual for the LAB SS1300? As I read in the earlier posts a few of you have it now. :)

Nothing is burned on the power supply boards, so it's really hard to figure out for my part. I have checked all capacitors and resistors... I think the service manual is the next step... It would save me for a lot of time, and it is really hard to get anywhere else :)

(I tried to send 'peranders' a message, but the system wouldn't let me)

Thank you in advance for your help! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.