Help - replacement lamp for Yamaha M-50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all - I did search the forums but didn't find any info on this, so forgive me if it exists already - let me know !

I have a Yamaha M-50 amp from the 80's where the mid section of the big front glass display remains dark. The orange power meter bars work just fine, moving up and down w/ the signal, but the middle section where the scale is, is out. There are 3 bulbs behind the panel, and I suspect they are 14v, but not sure what mA the bulbs should be for. This amp has been around long enough that I am sure someone else has gone through bulb replacement. Please let me know if you know the specs of those bulbs and where a good source may be. Thank you!

these type

of solenoid lams are kinda hard to find ..... anything you will find in a car shop is probably too bright and volatge will not fit ....

another option is to look in door bell buton switches they also include simular types ....

had the exact same problem with my Fisher receiver and here is what i did ....

isolated the voltage ( normaly is a sepearted winding in the trafo , used bridge capacitor to make this dc and then use this wonderfull DC voltage through resistors to drive big nice blue leds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

trendy .... dont you think ????

Attachments

• sf.jpg
    sf.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 95
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.