RMI-FC100 MKII, single ended folded cascode VAS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, tried to rush the first attempt, and forgot to add the bias circuit, and put the bootstrap cap in the wrong place. As soon as I posted, I realized it was nonsensical, but my doodled model had mistakes too. Finally got back to it. So, is this what Mihai was talking about? If it's not at least kinda sorta close, I'm officially in over my head.

I'm really going to build the SE VAS version. Don't know about the bootstrap, as it really doesn't save component count, though it does eliminate a couple of transistors. I at least wanted to understand it, though.

Sheldon

Attachments

• rmi-fc100-mk2 mod portion.JPG
    rmi-fc100-mk2 mod portion.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,352
Last edited:
I make big efforts to decrease components count but without loose sonic quality.
I will compare two version of this type of VAS. The one as in posted schematics and the other without mirror and with a simple bootstrapped 3ma CCS form the (-) rail to folded cascode transistor.

Interesting to know what is the result of comparison of VAS without current mirror?:)

SE VAS has more bass, not so well controlled, but in the same time middle range is presented a little bit forward. Good for jazz but not so good for complex music, like rock and classical.

Cool!:rolleyes: I suspect the high range not has changed, however it's already high enough.
Would you be so kind to allow to ask you to publish a schematic without current mirror?:D
With best regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.