Very different hybrid... opinions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks traderbam.

They have an interesting approach and sensible reasoning. The topology is not exactly like mine though. Mine has symmetrical emitter/collector connections for the pnp/npn devices to the power rails and output via small resistors.

But it's very, very similar.

DrG said:
Hi Darkfenriz

My inexperience on the finer points of circuit design is clear. By my reasoning R16/R11 and R6/R12 should set the (inverted) gain for the 'solid state' part of the circuit. I take your point about the high-impedange mirror output however. As I recall, the simulation worked, for what it's worth.

In another iteration I took non-inverting feedback to the gate/grid of the 'other' input mosfet/tube pair, which also simulated ok.

I hadn't got as far as considering frequency compensation in the feedback loop yet. In fact, I would welcome a few suggestions around this.

Been toying with B2 spice v5 this weekend, hoping to have another go at simulation but I don't quite understand how to add new part libraries to the program.

Hi
Your front end is a voltage to current converter, while the feedback part is I/V converter. The gain is determined by triode transcondutance and 22k resistors.
Concerning compensation you may find a nice way

here

Regards,
Adam

The input stage works like a modulated wilson current mirror which compares output to input. Input transistors work as followers with one diode drop and the difference in input-ouput voltage modulates the reference current form I sources. VAS is common base stage.
I stongly advice the compensation scheme I've used, which is 67pF capacitor from Vbe multiplier to ground, 68k resistor in parallel in not mandatory.

Regards
Adam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.