Mod tips wanted:Denon Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently acquired a second Denon POA2400 which needs replacement of a few parts. This is their "Optical Class-A" amp, rated 200W/8ohms, 350W/4ohms. My working unit is great, but I see that many parts are less than "audiophile-grade"...

I figure as long as I'm in there, maybe I could upgrade some critical parts in the signal path and power supply rails.

Anyone modded these amps, or have suggestions for changing those parts which would give the "most bang for the buck"?

-chas

First image is the voltage amplifier stage 1

Attachments

• voltamp.jpg
    voltamp.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 453
...Or perhaps I should take the terrific (potted toroid)power transformer and build a new amp from scratch(any design recommended for +/-72v rails)?

Any guidance or opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

-chas

Next image is the current amp stage 2

Attachments

• curntamp.jpg
    curntamp.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 399
Parts upgrade suggestions?

The amp diagrams above show no caps in signal path, BUT there are resistors and bypass caps (as well as power supply caps and bridges(obvious candidates).

Which of these do you folks think are most inportant to upgrade in quality? Or should ALL parts be upgraded(too expensive and I'd probably go to another circuit).

TIA -chas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.