Building my system and wondering...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks! Please be gentle with me.
Recently two pairs of speakers came into my possesion and I'd appreciate some advice on wich amp I should hook these babies up to.

The first speakers are a pair of VOX LS-40 's from the sixties. Also called Grenadiers.
http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/amp/church_pa.html They're the basic 4 speaker cabinet model. I think the cloth on these things just looks sick. I think they were rated at only 40 watt rms but I've been told by people who've used them (at concerts supposedly) that they'll absolutely blow everything away.
So on to the next pair: Magnat all ribbon 4's of wich I know a few more specs:

90-130 W. Nominal/Music
33-34.000 hz
3-way/4-8 ohm
sensitivity 1.9 watt

I'm not too sure on how the VOX speakers will perform in a living room audio setup but the Magnats should be ok :) I've been looking at some "vintage" amps and right now I can get a Sony TA-1140 from 1972 for 60 euros / 40 dollars and a Sony TA 2650 for about 90 euros / 60 dollars. The TA 2650 is a beast at with 4 100 w channels or 2 200 w channels but it might be overkill. Truth is I don't know too much about these things.

I'm planning on hooking up my pc/tv/xbox360 to the amp and I just want it to play my music well. High bitrate mp3 and uncompressed files. I know and love it when something sounds fantastic but I'm no expert by far.

So any advice would be welcome, thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.