120v/240v amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to buy a new 7 or 8 channel amplifier, or 7/8 mono blocks.

The thing is - I'm looking for something that I can use here in Seattle, but when I move to Australia next year, I also need something with either a 115/230v selector on the back, or that I can open up and swap out the fuse, reconfigure the windings on.

Does anyone have recommendations on some amplifiers that meet this criteria?

I want to buy dedicated amps, as I'd like to buy something I can keep around for the next 10 or 20 years, and just swap out the processor that feeds them as the digital formats evolve.

I'm currently using an adcom gfa5400 with martin logan speakers.

I am happy to buy new or used.

I'm also happy to do some amount of DIY work - but if heading in that direction I'd prefer to buy a kit. Sourcing all the components individually and finding decent looking rackmount cases is not something I want to go through again.

I find when looking for manuals online - unless I can dig up a schematic - it's very hard to identify whether a particular amplifier has a voltage selector or transformer with multiple windings on it.

For example, the outlaw m2200's do, but the 7700 7 channel amp from the same company does not.

I'd love to buy pass labs - but I think it's out of my price range (trying to stay under $2000 for 7 home theater channels, prefer to stay under $1500).

I would love suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.