HOW to modify .mod file?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have imported a model from IRF. it is a MOSFET. I used it in my schematic. Now I want to do some modifications to change the name attributes from 1 2 3 to the actual Drain Gate Source. How should I do that so that can make sure I haven't corrupted the file completely. The reason i am saying this is that i read somewhere that i should not change the names attributes for a part on Capture since this stuff is related to the model file.
please help me with this issue.

thanks

Re: HOW to modify .mod file? - Clarification!!!

hi, i have posted this thread a couple of days ago and unfortunately it seems nobody has been able to give an answer. so, i was thinking it might need more clarification. please let me know if this is the case, or otherwise at least give me directions. thanks.

Hi spice freak,

If your intention is to spice some of your circuits, you can copy/paste your model/subcircuit file in any text editor and change whatever you need to, just renamed it (eg. IRF610 to IRF610x, so you can still have original subcircuit file) and import to your spice subcircuit files.

thanks.

what i meant is that, i don't know under what conditions i can change specific parts of a MOSFET for instance. Example: that suppose i have the model for a MOSFET. this text file, contains the parameters and syntax that comes from the simplified model of that device. now i might not be familiar with the model for a complicated IC. how should i change it? shouldn't i know how the model has been approximated?

thanks...

you should know 1) how a model has been generated, and 2) what the mathematical relationships between the parameters are. otherwise you could make what seems to be a simple change to a parameter and get impossible results in a simulation (such as a simple amp with only a positive supply giving outputs that go negative).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.