Hafler Pro-5000 Service Manuals??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hafler Pro 5000 information

Will revive this old thread to see if anyone has any experience and hopefully information (manuals?) about the Hafler Pro 5000 amplifier.

I've found no useful information about this particular model, no operators manuals or service manuals. The amp is not even mentioned on what's left of the Hafler web site. The amp is in working condition and sounds beautifully but runs very hot.

Previous posters mention several amp failures and I would bet that they are due to overheating. I took off the cover of the case and found a rather inconvenient cooling layout for a unit designed to be rack mounted. Air comes in through the front bottom of the case and is brought to the top of the case (the other side of the Printed Circuit Board) by a large fan in the middle back of the PCB, then the air get's out through vents on the side of the case after passing through all of the components in the top of the PCB.

The problem I see with that type of cooling is that in the hot air circulates inside the chassis for too long and when rack mounted, the sides of the rack kind of block the air flow

Is there any way of improving the cooling in this amp?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HAudio.

Hafler PRO-5000 cooling

HAUDIO: just finished getting a broken Hafler PRO-5000 up and running. The fan blows air from the sides, through the chassis and across the large heatsink below the PCB. Standard 12V fan. I am looking to replace this older fan with a higher volume computer fan. That should improve cooling. Has anyone tried this? And if so, which model fan?

D.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.