Booster amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I am trying to buy a booster stereo amp, similiar to those used in cars (ie speakers in and speakers out). My new LCD TV doesn't have enough audio power, so I want to boost it with an additional power amp. If I use the line-out jacks on the TV, I loose the use of my remote control. I don't want another audio system with its own remote to turn on/off every time we watch TV.

Has anybody ever seen this on the market?

TIA
Marty

your point of view

is not really electronic ....or diy ....

here is your solutions
1----
you can buy or construct any kit or other amplifier that meets your specs like what amp for what power and what speaker ....then the other think you may do is connect a devider made of 2 resistors in the input of your amp to reduce the signal of the tv speakers that goes to the input of the amp ....

far more than that you can also use some voltage that comes out from the scart plug to drive a transistor and then a relay to turn on and off your amplifier..

2-you may also buy the devider ready made 4-5 euros from any car stereo shop ( smal device that includes 2 speaker inputs and 2rca outs with adjustable matching level also ) then you may drive any amplifier from this happily .

regards sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.