i want more 3d sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello diy comunity i have an question?
In an amplifir (classic circuit)what parameters are inportant to make an best 3d sound,
I put all the grounds +/- tensions in 3 differents islands in the same point...the sound are best.. more trable clear.. but
want more 3d sound?
any comment?
too exchange the pc boards design and the results are significant improve betwen diferents schemas.

tadiam said:
hello diy comunity i have an question?
In an amplifir (classic circuit)what parameters are inportant to make an best 3d sound,
I put all the grounds +/- tensions in 3 differents islands in the same point...the sound are best.. more trable clear.. but
want more 3d sound?
any comment?
too exchange the pc boards design and the results are significant improve betwen diferents schemas.

I have found that ground loops can make the sound closed in and boring. You most often will not hear hum, but it still affects the sound. I use a (one for each channel) signal transformer to connect to my power amp.

I really enjoy 3d soundstage too, and the biggest factors to getting it (IME) is the recorded material, the speakers and the room. I've found open baffle speakers give the best sense of natural depth. Unless there is something wrong with the amplifier, I haven't noticed them doing much to change the soundstage.

re 2

the zobel are in diferent ground.All + and - voltages are in the same point in individual iaslands
too use short connections and good materials..no exotics.
No presets..i use fixed value resistor in bias adjust.
i make this circuit

http://www.redcircuits.com/Page2.htm

The output transistors are 2sk-2sj series

Build five prototipe boars and this five boards sound diferent.
in my last proto put betwen the b and c of Q6 and Q7 an 100p cap
(no cap oscilate and the sound is distorted)

and the bc transistors too make diferents in sound.
power supply i use 10.000 per chanel
see this link
http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ssps1_e.html

How the return current from the speakers are handled is of uttermost importance, in most amplifiers rails-to-ground capacitors and power section, when it comes to soundstage and 3D sound. Grounding is really an issue.

I think you should show the exact schematic and board layout.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi tadiam,
Not much I can suggest really. Would have to actually build one and see whats going on. With an amp like this the PCB layout is very important to keep it all stable. I see also there is no thermal compensation (Vgs multiplier) for the HEXFET's. Sorry
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.